Singing

In quite every culture, expect Western classical one, majority of musicians can also sing., for example, in minyo musicians sings playing shamisen, in Turkey there are saz player/singers, in Eastern Europe there are some epic tales storytellers who play/sing… so
1) Why this is not deeloped in Western culture, like there are not so many pianists who also sing, ecept pop
2) Particularly regarding minyo, in this case, but I can also generalize. There aren't off-tune people in the world, but some people are off-tune. For example, if I tell my mom to sing, she is terribly not able. But suppose that my mom is an excellent shamisen player, suppose in a sokyoku piece, and she has to sing. I think that majority of players (koto/shamisen/biwa/kin family) have to know/learn how to sing… what can they do if they can't for nature? Yeah, it's obvious that you can say that they can't as well… but… they just can't?

Cancel
Hiding 6 posts. Click to show.

Yeah but… I just didn't explain. In sokyoku, for example, they sing… and they are mostly koto or shamisen players. I don't know also what's the melodeon

Cancel

It's a small version of an accordion.

Cancel

e Like that accordion in which someone blows through a channel and presses key too?

Cancel

Ohh that's a melodica! A melodeon is a little tiny accordion with buttons on both sides.

Cancel

Maybe I understand. For example, when I was a child, I always found some street performers, especially Romanian living in Italy, who amateurly played Italian traditional tunes… like o sole mio

Cancel
to write a reply.