Shamisen Katoh contact

Hi,

I'm in Japan for a very short period and have always wanted to go and have been a massive fan of Shamisen music for years. I've found a few Shamisen shops but Shamisen Katoh seems like the only shop accessible using the JR Pass.

I've emailed Katoh san via info@shamisen-katoh.com a week ago, I have also just now emailed him again with a different email address just in case I ended up in Spam.

But wanted to ask if anyone knows if his shop is open on a Monday and whether I have to order the shamisen i want to buy before i visit?

and if anyone is close with him and could reach out?

I'm in Japan for a week but only passing Tokyo before I fly home so ultimately I have only one day to buy my Shamisen.

I'm looking to buy a Tsugaru Shamisen with Synthetic/Plastic where it would apply (I don't want with skin/bone)

Any help appreciated!

Cancel

Hi and welcome.

Katoh is closed on sunday and on public holiday (定休日:日曜・祝祭日). It opens at 10 am and closes at 7 pm. Lucky man who is about to buy a shamisen !

Cancel

Thanks! I've managed to get in contact with him :) Hopefully I can order online and pick it up on the one day I'm there. :)

Cancel

Hi Charlie,
Did you buy the shamisen at Shamisen Katoh's? I'd like to visit his shop next November when I'm going to be in Tokyo for two weeks.

Cancel
to write a reply.